Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chalk Festival and the Art of Drawing on Sidewalks



By Isabel1215

By Riley3972

By Brigit17

 I've attended Cleveland Museum of Art's Chalk Festival over the years in everything from  soaked- to- the- skin downpours to bone-crushing heat, so Saturday's  temperate climate felt like a smile spread across a perfect day.  When drawings were completed, some of the kids looked like they were camouflaged in pastels.   Fortunately, rigorously applied baby wipes restored them to their  recognizable selves.   Inside the museum,  my students scoured the art collection in a wicked little scavenger hunt.  It's rather gratifying to see kids reading didactic labels and comparing the merits of various pieces in order to find answers to clues.  Since all four teams tied for first place, my lollipops were evenly distributed at the end of the day.   I'm  really not a competitive person, so everyone "winning" was just fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs. B
    Can you post some pics of the other artist at teh festival? I know some real pros go.
    Just curious, glad the weather cooperated.

    ReplyDelete